Friday 26 February 2010

Evaluation.

  • We have used the conventions of a thriller by developing a mystery of a murderer whom nobody knows of as in most thrillers, there are mainly heroes or villains, or even both. It also has mystery in it to create suspense and drama, which is included as we don’t know who the murderer is. Thrillers have suspense in the beginning of the film so you can tell what genre the film is from the beginning, which is done so in our opening sequence aswell. The camera work of the sequence was used in the dark room as moving slow around the room, to create suspense.
  • The music creates that mysterious effect to make the audience aware of what kind of film it is going to be.
  • In terms of challenging conventions, I don’t think we have combined genre’s with any other genres.
  • In the opening sequence, we have not really incorporated elements from the beginning or the end of the film.
  • The social group presented in this production is teenagers. Teenagers are presented in this badly in a way as they are suspects of a murder which stereotypes them to be violent and in use of abuse. However on the other hand, they are seen in a positive way as they are relative to the audience age group.
  • Films like ‘The fast and furious’ and ‘2 fast 2 furious’ thrillers produced by Universal Pictures. This is a universal based production company which would be ideal for our product. However, a thriller from the UK such as ‘Blue Murder’ was produced by ITV Productions which is based in the UK, which would also be ideal for our product as it is more local.
  • After gathering information from the questionnaire we produced, we gathered that our primary target audience was from ages 15- 18. As a whole, our preferred target audience would be of that age group but instead of it being until 18 years of age, it would be ideal for it to be around 20 years. The lower age preferable is 14.
  • Techniques and elements such as including characters of the teen age-group makes the teenage audience more interested in the film as they can relate to it better. Both boys and girls are used so it is available to both genders watching.
  • By the whole process of making this opening sequence, I have learnt how to make a blog and how to update it. I have also learnt how to use a camera and a tripod and how to set it up and dismantle it. Editing the software was also new to me but as I started using it and got more used to it, I had learnt how to use the software and am aware of it now.
  • Looking at the preliminary task, I feel that I have progressed in learning from the finished product. Working in a group made me aware of each individual having to participate and sharing the tasks out well. I also got on well with my group so it helped in our work also. I feel that my communication skills have increased as I have been communicating well with my fellow group members to discuss the tasks left to do regarding the coursework, out of lesson also. Time management was something I found a bit tricky along with the rest of the group. We had spent a lot of our time trying to find the actors to act in our sequence. If I was to do this again, or instead of this, I would have got the actors sorted within the first week where the coursework began so I could have spent more time on filming and editing. I feel that we have hardly left time for us to edit and we’d spent most of our time on the actors, and filming.
  • During the first few times of setting up the camera and tripod, I found it difficult and tricky but once I had used it a few times and got used to it, I was aware of how to set it up exactly and how to use it.
  • Before this production taking place, I wasn’t aware of any rules for filming however I am now familiar with the 180 degree rule and how it works. At the end of this project as a whole, I have learnt a lot to do with media. It is the first time I am learning about it and I have found it very interesting along with learning a major variety on it.
  • Skills I need to improve on would be editing skills as I did sometimes hesitate in what to do. Also, the others were more in control of editing. Filming was alright as it was a simple procedure of just pressing the record button, on and off. Time management is a key value I need to improve on in not just media, but everything in general. I have noticed that I think I have enough time to complete tasks and then leave them for the last minute, which is wrong. To overcome this, I now know that I should complete my tasks on time so there won’t be a problem in my timing.
  • On the whole, I feel working in a group has been beneficial and the teamwork was shared and done well.

No comments:

Post a Comment